Monday, December 5, 2011

[Song Of The Week] "Hero" - Nas ft. Keri Hilson



"As I grow yearly, I can see things more clearly. That's why they fear me."


One of the greatest lyricists of all time teams up with Miss Keri Baby for this banger. This has gotta be one of my favorite songs by Nas. Not that deep lyrically, it is most definitely very real. The joint also very specifically reminds me of a moment in senior year in high school. It was for a required Music class that I had to take, where the teacher told us to bring in a song that we really liked. Just to show the diversity of music in the classroom and therefore, the world. Not to be stereotypical but the white boys brought their various forms of rock, the black guys brought their gangsta rap, the white girls brought their radio pop music and the black girls brought their R&B. Of course, mixed in were some classical pieces, some Lupe and techno, etc. I happened to think I was high and mighty in terms of the lyrical music I listened to so I brought Nas. This song, particularly. Needless to say, the class rocked with it. I saw heads bobbin and souls vibin. It was cooler when some people asked me afterwards what song it was exactly. Dope feeling. Anyways, check it out and download below if your soul vibes to it.

No comments: